• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Passeanger eclectric seat

Unlucky2267

Hi I was Cruise if you can put a power chair on the passenger side of a 2007 avalanche I have a power seat on the drivers side but would like one on the passenger side. I don't see a harness on the passenger side for power seat but I am assuming I can just run wires from my driverside to my passenger side to power the seat,or is there a better way of doing it ??? Thanks  :B:

Take a look under the passenger seat from behind for a plug.

There?s one plug but it don?t look like the driverside. All my seats are out of the truck along with the carpet

In general, the seats are self-contained modules meaning just plug it in and the movement stuff will work.

However if you have side airbags in the seat you will have to move them over from the old seats.

Now you have a 07 so stick wiith 07-08 seats

Ok got the seats from a 2008 Silverado plugged the passenger seat in and nothing. So I looked at the factory plug it?s missing the power and ground wire for the electric motors to work. So tapped into the red thick wire with a white line on it and also into the large black ground wire. Ran them to the seats plug and it works just fine now.

So I have a airbag problem I need help with I don?t have side air bags but the new seat does . Also the seat airbag is different then the seat airbag on my old seat. Can someone help me with this I need that airbag light to go off

I answered your email, hopefully that was you.
You have to more all the SIR stuff from the old seat to the new seat. There probably a passenger present sensor in the bottom seat that needs to moved.

Item 8
5473dcf133811dd15c27eb55cafae6c6.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Passenger-Discriminating-Sensor-GM-20919642-/163382759717?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Don't forget to pull the SIR fuse before messing with it.

Ya thanks for the reply that?s what I was thinking is that I would have to move everything over. Thanks for the help

Back