• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need to sell my 2002 Avalanche

pgkildow3

I bought the original Z-71 2002 Avalanche in 09-2001.  121K miles.  excellent condition inside and out.  New windshield, Optima Red Top battery and Bilstein shocks.  I started at $12K and am now down to $10K.  How low should I go before leaving it in the garage?  I know I am emotionally attached to this truck but need some advice.  Thanks
  :help:

There are many areas to consider when deciding to keep or sell a vehicle. Are your reasons to sell due to financial need? Are your reasons to keep based solely on emotion etc?
When you try to look at the decision from different angles only you have the answers.....I'm sure you have many happy memories of times in your AV, will you be able to keep on having good times with it or can you pass it on down to a younger family member? Some kids love the idea of owning dad's or grand dad's old truck, others could care less since they may not have any memories in the vehicle and you with them.
The other way to look at it is, you have many happy years with the AV and if you are unable to enjoy it why not let someone else create their own memories with your AV? Try to remember that it's the memories that are important to you not the thing. Material things can still deteriorate even stored in a garage so unless you are willing to commit to stringent storage and maintenance schedule you could be just giving your beloved AV a slow lingering death where no one can enjoy it's last years.
As far as looking at things from a financial standpoint it is a gamble whether a 2002 AV will be considered a valuable collector's item or just a curiosity or worse a piece of junk. Many times you have to wait decades to find out what the supply and demand decisions society will make on that 30 to 100 year old AV.
So the best thing to do financially is to look at sites like www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com to get a realistic price in your area based on options and features of your AV. That will take the emotion out of the pricing factor for you and help you see your AV as any potential buyer would see it.
So after all of that if you decide it won't sell for what you think it's worth and you can afford to keep it and don't mind the commitment to that decision then go ahead and keep it. If on the other hand you need the money and don't want the responsibility or maintenance then sell it and just try to be happy with photos and your memories of the AV. Sometimes getting rid of stuff is very freeing and will make you happy later. Yet you can still miss things too at times.

Good luck in your decision.

Welcome to the website too!

Back