• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2008 avalanche z71 ltz?

aveduc

Hi i just bought a 2008 avalanche with the z71 4x4 package, my question is is it a LTZ? and how can i find out?  ???

Best way to check on options for your AV is to look on the glove box door for the list of RPO codes for your exact AV.
Then look at the old thread on this site about decoding the RPO codes to know what each code means.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=96887.msg1536768;topicseen#msg1536768

FYI you can't have an LTZ with a Z71 option or vice versa, LTZ is luxury suspension for on the road and Z71 is more for off road suspension and other stuff although they did make a 2wd model Z71.

WELL that sucks it isnt a ltz  :( I will run the codes tomorrow. thanks for your help  (y)

I wouldn't sweat over not getting an LTZ there are some standard interior features that are nice in it, but if you ever had to replace the shocks and air compressor on an LTZ you would cry over the cost....It is much cheaper to replace shocks in an LT or Z71 AV.
Also you can get a very well equipped LT or Z71 AV that is almost as luxurious as an LTZ just without the badging.

Vaeagleav said:
I wouldn't sweat over not getting an LTZ there are some standard interior features that are nice in it, but if you ever had to replace the shocks and air compressor on an LTZ you would cry over the cost....It is much cheaper to replace shocks in an LT or Z71 AV.
Also you can get a very well equipped LT or Z71 AV that is almost as luxurious as an LTZ just without the badging.

I totally agree with you!

Back