• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cladding dressing

There are many many threads about cladding fade and the various techniques to restore or paint, Line-X etc. finishing of the cladding in the maintenance section of this website.
The most popular and reasonable product to apply is Refinish Restorer, just to be sure to follow the application/prep directions for best results.
This seller is a site member and used to give a discount as well:
http://www.therightcarstuff.com/
There are also many other liquid restoration products on the market but Refinish Restorer seems to have the best results and last longer then the other products.

Line-X is more expensive and some older threads talk about having to remove the cladding first so it can wrap around the plastic and last longer. Other members have applied it without doing it and so far so good according to them.
Other members have sanded and painted their cladding with mixed results, then you have the few who have replaced the AV cladding with Cadillac EXT cladding since it's smooth and has less prep work involved. It is the most expensive way to go though since it will run anywhere from $1,200 -$2,000 in parts and painting to do it right.

Yes it works well
But like anything you use the prep is the most important part of it.

One can should last for several applications, spend some time reading older threads for directions on application and prep work. Doing a word search I found 18 pages of threads on Refinish Restorer. One with photos of before and after here:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=101061.0

My EXT does not have as much plastic cladding as most.

However, the bed panels do need some attention, from time to time.

My bed panels were a chalky white when I first bought the truck.

I use the Refinish Restorer exclusively to treat my bed panels and all other black plastic, including the inside of the bed and pieces of trim around the truck.

I have found the treatment will last me close to a year, but I still reapply every couple of months to keep things looking their best.

One can will treat all of my truck several times.

Here is a picture of my bed panels, fresh after a Refinish Restorer treatment.

normal_EXTBEDPANELS001.JPG

pmalavolti said:
How much will it take for the cladding on a 2010.
Quart will last you several years with multiple applications
A little goes a long way (y)

Vaeagleav said:
There are many many threads about cladding fade and the various techniques to restore or paint, Line-X etc. finishing of the cladding in the maintenance section of this website.
The most popular and reasonable product to apply is Refinish Restorer, just to be sure to follow the application/prep directions for best results.
This seller is a site member and used to give a discount as well:
http://www.therightcarstuff.com/
There are also many other liquid restoration products on the market but Refinish Restorer seems to have the best results and last longer then the other products.

Line-X is more expensive and some older threads talk about having to remove the cladding first so it can wrap around the plastic and last longer. Other members have applied it without doing it and so far so good according to them.
Other members have sanded and painted their cladding with mixed results, then you have the few who have replaced the AV cladding with Cadillac EXT cladding since it's smooth and has less prep work involved. It is the most expensive way to go though since it will run anywhere from $1,200 -$2,000 in parts and painting to do it right.
how do i get the discount.

The code may be in some old threads but I imagine you could email them directly and mention that you are a site member here and see if they give you a code to use.....

I bought some mother's back to black just to get something on it. Not what I expected. Only brought it back a little. Hopefully the restorer works better.

I think you just made the prep work a little tougher with the Back to Black freshly applied. It would have been better to apply Refinish Restorer on the old dry faded cladding. When you email the link above to ask about the discount also ask them about what prep procedures you need to follow for best results and try to follow them as best as possible for best results......Don't cut corners.

I think he did too, you may want to wait about 3 months for the back to black to wear off.

Back