• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Saddle box removal?

Blazerteam

Lookin at gettin under the saddle box,to spray som rust preventing stuff inside the quarter panels.Much work?.

Yup. Have to remove the whole piece that the lid bolts too. I can't remember if I took mine the whole way out when we restored my '04 or not as I had every piece of cladding off the truck.

The Saddle bags are part of the sides. The sides can be removed by unbolting the 4 tie downs in the corners and there is one screw inside the saddle bag on the latch that goes into the side of the truck. You MAY have to remove the inside sail panel as well which comes out pretty easy.

There is a shared seal with the back window so be careful of that when you pull off the panel. I just pulled my seal off the side piece and tossed it over the top of the truck when I removed mine. I will be pulling mine this winter to install my audio equipment into them.

Rodney

Okay..just as i expected.Well,i guess some hard work will prevent the rust from speading into the quarters.Thanks for the replys  (y)

redheadedrod said:
The Saddle bags are part of the sides. The sides can be removed by unbolting the 4 tie downs in the corners and there is one screw inside the saddle bag on the latch that goes into the side of the truck. You MAY have to remove the inside sail panel as well which comes out pretty easy.

There is a shared seal with the back window so be careful of that when you pull off the panel. I just pulled my seal off the side piece and tossed it over the top of the truck when I removed mine. I will be pulling mine this winter to install my audio equipment into them.

Rodney
Here's a pix of the plastic side removed. How much further does one have to go to get to the point your described.

Attachments

• Rear Strobes 004.jpg
    Rear Strobes 004.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 40
All you did was remove the top piece... If you look in my thread I think I show them removed... Looks like pretty much a standard pickup bed without the side panels.

Look here:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=142196.msg2119090#msg2119090

redheadedrod said:
All you did was remove the top piece... If you look in my thread I think I show them removed... Looks like pretty much a standard pickup bed without the side panels.

Look here:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=142196.msg2119090#msg2119090
Nice work. (y)

Back