• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Source For NOS Avalanche Parts?

Durwin

Charter Member
Good afternoon,
I?ve noticed that Chevrolet seems to obsolete GM part numbers much faster now that they?re the new GM. Does anyone out there have a source for parts that have been discontinued?

Specifically, I?m looking for interior soft parts such as upholstery and cladding.
Thanks, Durwin

I don't know if the law has changed but years ago any manufacturer had to keep inventory of parts for 10 years but you could of course find the parts that transferred over to later model years. If you are looking for your 2002 you may find parts hard to find especially for things like cladding since 2002 used the light grey plastic.
As far as upholstery I would guess that some place like The Seat Shop or Katzkin could provide materials to redo your seats. For door panels and center consoles etc. I would check a local upholstery shop and see if they could recover them.
Good luck.

GM hasn't produced 2002 parts for a looooong time, you are going to find it extremely hard to find them.  Send me your email address and I'll send you what I have

MS03 2500 said:
GM hasn't produced 2002 parts for a looooong time, you are going to find it extremely hard to find them.  Send me your email address and I'll send you what I have

Stopped by the dealer I use just after I purchased my 04.
The parts manager who I know quite well told me that's why he got rid of his 2000 3500. 
  Other than aftermarket  parts are on the extinct list.

Yea, getting tougher and tougher to get some parts for the older AV's.. I use the part numbers and put them in the "saved searches" on ebay. If you get lucky some good used or NOS parts may show up for sale.

i

I found a one year only light grey 2002 2500 front bumper cover on ebay for $300, talk about rare and lucky...

Durwin said:
Next is the graphite cloth seat cover PN 12474231.

I think the plastic trim pieces are non existant.
look here:
http://car-part.com/index.htm

Randy said:
I found a one year only light grey 2002 2500 front bumper cover on ebay for $300, talk about rare and lucky...

I found one for $100.  It sat in the garage for 7 years and I finally put it on when I moved to Florida.

Back