• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

PCV/AFM?

jdkebuggy

Ok, I will try and make this short...  Maybe someone can point me in the right direction or to some posts on this topic.  2011 LTZ with 104,000 miles. Last month I started to have the smoke on cold start issue.  It only happens after 100 plus mile trips.  The first time it happened was after a 16 hr trip.  I checked the oil level an it was extremely low... Like nothing on the dipstick.  I added oil and no smoke. Last week I changed the oil before heading out on another trip (probably 500 miles) so I could gage the oil consumption more closely.  After the trip the oil level was only about 1/4 inch on the dipstick. Coolant level is not dropping, gauges are fine and the truck is running good. The smoke it white with a hint of blue.  This is obviously not good!  Where should I start?  Disable the AFM? Valve covers?  Not sure what year GM fixed that issue.  Thanks!

Any leaks underneath?

Can you pull the hose off the pcv valve to see if there is oil inside of the hose. Sorry I don't have a 1500 to check how it works

Back