• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Future Regional Meetup

chuckgibson

I'd like to see a GTG and let's plan for a ride starting either:

• 129 to Wears Valley (the entire length of the Foothills Parkway)
  • Hwy 66/321/441 from Kodak TN (Smokies Stadium) to Newfound Gap Overlook (TN/NC state line)
  • Tail of the Dragon (starting 411 in Maryville TN)

Of course we can eat at any restaurant along the way. As well as stop and take pictures. This can be a FALL and a SPRING event if we get enough participation.

Again, any thoughts? May need to forgo this fall, but start now with setting up and set date for the Spring.

I am working on a GTG for that area in the Spring, since it's the end of the year. BUT, I need to know how many would be attending. I will be setting up a web site soon, with registration. I have calls to local hotels (pet friendly), I have asked for pricing of @35 rooms at double occupancy. That's basically a whole floor. I'm also making a few inquiries at other locations such as: Comedy Barn, Hatfield & McCoy, The Island and Dollywood (group sales) with a few other activities.

I may be wishful being one of the first there. But I'd like to make it an annual GTG. Around the same weekend. Thursday evening check-in with Sunday check-out. Friday and Saturday group activities. Sunday is on your own.

If you would like to assist with securing activities, that would be great. I'd be happy to receive any thoughts or suggestions. WEB SITE to come soon...

Charity fundraiser will be announced on web site.

Thank you

Sounds like fun.  Hopefully you get a good response.  I know there are quite a few members who like the area.

--OldVMer

I gave this thread a bump on the Facebook group for the club. I hope it helps spark some interest. I also messaged 4X4Dreamer about it. He did an awesome job planning and running the 2015 meet there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAFCNA/

I?m all for it!  We always have a blast there!  Now, my attendance will a.l depend on the dates and what my employees are doing. So the sooner I know dates, the sooner I can mark the calendar so I have those dates.

I'd like to see a GTG and let's plan for a ride starting either:

• 129 to Wears Valley (the entire length of the Foothills Parkway)
  • Hwy 66/321/441 from Kodak TN (Smokies Stadium) to Newfound Gap Overlook (TN/NC state line)
  • Tail of the Dragon (starting 411 in Maryville TN)

Of course we can eat at any restaurant along the way. As well as stop and take pictures. This can be a FALL and a SPRING event if we get enough participation.

Again, any thoughts? May need to forgo this fall, but start now with setting up and set date for the Spring.
I’m planning 2 events for East TN. One is Oct 2022 at the Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary for an overnight paranormal tour and a cruise on the Devil’s Triangle. The other is a 4 day event Oct 2023 to benefit Knoxville Comprehensive Breast Center. We will also have a cruise thru the national forest to a scenic overlook for pictures! I posted about the 1st one already and will post about the 2023 gtg soon!

Back