• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 avalanche electrical issues

Skithis

My avalanche all of the sudden started locking its doors while driving.  Sometimes every couple of seconds.  The dome light also comes on randomly.  Anybody have issues like this?

:welcome: to the club

I would start with the electrical system, check that cables on the battery are on solid, then have the battery load tested. I'm guessing you live in a cold area, but this year everyone is in a cold area except for California but they have a different problem.

Any changes, have you figured anything out, is it still doing it?  One common thing that causes a lot of electrical glitches like you are talking about is the ignition cylinder itself and it can even affect the gauge cluster.  Over years the ignition cylinder just wears out and can move around internally while driving.  One way you may be able to possibly test this is while the vehicle is running jiggle the key around a lot in the ignition without turning it and see if that replicates anything.  I don't know %100 for sure if that will do anything even if it is the ignition cylinder or not, but a have seen a lot of guys say that their key was super loose and in some cases would even come out while the vehicle was running.  Good luck.

Back