• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Corsa Sport but...

VIZIO 5

Hey guys,
    So I've had my Corsa Sport cat-back on my 07 avalanche with 158k on it for a little for than a year now. I love it. But I'm young and unfortunately, corsa doesn't offer a extreme system for the avalanches. I want a little bit louder.....cold starts, idle, etc. Now I'm reasonable, I went with undeniable the best system for these trucks out there as I'm sure most of you know its a pretty penny. Now first off header are out of the equation too expensive to purchase and labor plus probably a tune. So what I'm getting at are the cats. How many of you have experiences with hi-flow cats? Do I replace the stocks in the existing y-pipe with universal ones from magna flow? Do I get a bolt in y-pipe with hi-flows in it already like from kooks but I'm sure that's also pricey. Let me know what you guys think of my young foolish self lol.

Thanks           

I know I'm an old geezer talking but I got over the loud phase in my life when I realized the headaches and stress that a loud vehicle can cause as well as unwanted comments from neighbors and unwanted law enforcement and inspection issues. I also realized from experts on performance that loudness doesn't mean better performance.
I have had Corsa Sport on my two AVs since 2004 and love the lack of drone. I can hear others talking and don't have to crank up the stereo to hear my tunes.
If I want to hear the AV I just roll down the windows (weather permitting of course) and there is an acceleration noise increase if you put on a CAI as well so maybe you could consider trying one to increase the noise you want. I use the GM performance CAI but Volant and others are popular as well. I have see ads for a Corsa CAI but haven't heard one in use though. You might want to consider them to have a matched performance package since I'm sure they test their CAI with their exhaust.........

Stocks cats are already high flow. Lots of good discussion on other threads about it. Sorry but I don't have time to hunt them down for you right now.

IF you want louder you need different muffler.... that is about all there is to it.

ygmn said:
IF you want louder you need different muffler.... that is about all there is to it.

I want to keep the corsa system that?s that?s the thing nothing compares to that brand. Do I try and get a extreme muffler they offer from a c5 or a different model corvette? I know they offer a extreme muffler for the f-150s. retro fit it on..?

Vaeagleav said:
I know I'm an old geezer talking but I got over the loud phase in my life when I realized the headaches and stress that a loud vehicle can cause as well as unwanted comments from neighbors and unwanted law enforcement and inspection issues. I also realized from experts on performance that loudness doesn't mean better performance.
I have had Corsa Sport on my two AVs since 2004 and love the lack of drone. I can hear others talking and don't have to crank up the stereo to hear my tunes.
If I want to hear the AV I just roll down the windows (weather permitting of course) and there is an acceleration noise increase if you put on a CAI as well so maybe you could consider trying one to increase the noise you want. I use the GM performance CAI but Volant and others are popular as well. I have see ads for a Corsa CAI but haven't heard one in use though. You might want to consider them to have a matched performance package since I'm sure they test their CAI with their exhaust.........

I understand that lol, i?m still 20 and unfortunately I could live with a straight pipe probably but I don?t want that for this truck. These boats are not race cars lol, also I was thinking about a CAI. I know S&B offer a reasonable priced one (200ish) for the avalanches and I know a lot of diesel guys use S&B.

Since you and I have great faith in Corsa as far as quality product and design I would trust their judgement and research into the best setup for your AV.
I would contact their customer service dept. and see if they have tried different mufflers on a 5.3 motor and what were the effects....(Did it get loud but loose low to mid range torque etc...) Then ask them about their CAI too to see why they designed it the way they did and expected benefits over other brands.
My philosophy is I would rather have a fully coordinated intake and exhaust system that wasn't Frankensteined  together to get best performance. I would hate to spend hundreds of dollars to get worst performance, longevity , or dependability out of my AV.
Many reviews you read about any accessory can be advertising hype or some customer trying to justify his purchase and doesn't want to admit a mistake. I would trust long term reviews and ones that have dyno runs and testing over the street reviewers just using their "butt dyno" and wishful thinking.

Vaeagleav said:
Since you and I have great faith in Corsa as far as quality product and design I would trust their judgement and research into the best setup for your AV.
I would contact their customer service dept. and see if they have tried different mufflers on a 5.3 motor and what were the effects....(Did it get loud but loose low to mid range torque etc...) Then ask them about their CAI too to see why they designed it the way they did and expected benefits over other brands.
My philosophy is I would rather have a fully coordinated intake and exhaust system that wasn't Frankensteined  together to get best performance. I would hate to spend hundreds of dollars to get worst performance, longevity , or dependability out of my AV.
Many reviews you read about any accessory can be advertising hype or some customer trying to justify his purchase and doesn't want to admit a mistake. I would trust long term reviews and ones that have dyno runs and testing over the street reviewers just using their "butt dyno" and wishful thinking.

Very true, I think I'm going to go down this route. Thanks for the help and advice!

VIZIO 5 said:
I want to keep the corsa system that’s that’s the thing nothing compares to that brand. Do I try and get a extreme muffler they offer from a c5 or a different model corvette? I know they offer a extreme muffler for the f-150s. retro fit it on..?
Call or email CORSA and tell them what you have and what you want...
they are great to work with.

Hi, not to hijack this but was wondering if anyone could measure the muffler on the Corsa Sport exhaust - i understand it to be 3" diam center inlet and 3" diam center outlet but really need to know the overall length of the body of the muffler itself ?
could any one measure this and report back?

appreciate the help.

oh, just purchased a Black Diamond and love it so far.

Avalanche Rules!!!!!

Welcome to the website DanC2019,
I don't have the exact measurements but I'm sure Corsa could provide them for you,

https://www.corsaperformance.com/collections/2013-chevrolet-avalanche-5-3l-v8/products/3-0-sport-cat-back-14914?variant=624059187216

wow, thanks for the fast response Vaegleav and Greatgab - So probably safe to assume overall length is approx 31" with the 3" diam pipe connections on each side included in the measurement ?.

thanks.. (y)

You won't have to worry about dimensions if you buy whole system from Corsa, it comes with all the parts including hangers and all other parts for install. The hardest part is removing the old system. (if you don't plan to reuse it you can just cut the old system out.) Many members have installed a Corsa in their own garage or driveway. I had both of mine installed at a local muffler shop for about 45 minutes time and around $75 install cost. Muffler shop said it was the most complete and easiest installs they ever had done.
Beauty of getting a complete CAT back is it now will have a lifetime warranty from Corsa.

I do like the stainless steel construction and lifetime warranty of the Corsa system... my Avy spends a lot of time getting wet on boat ramps.

Back