• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Exhaust questions

Goldfish_86

I am new to the avalanche world and I am looking at adding some sound to my truck. I already know I want the black widow venom 250 muffler. My question is should I do one or 2, if so on either whether to go with 2.5 or 3 inch as well as is it easier to do center in and out or offset. I want to run out the back behind each tire for the tips. Thank in advance

first welcome to the website!
You may want to spend some time reading some old threads in this section. Lots of good info and even photos of member's setups.
One thing you have to consider when doing a dual exhaust in an Av is the limited space on the driver's side especially near the rear tire. Some members have done it but you need a good custom pipe welder to do it right.
Another factor is how long do you plan to keep the AV? If  a long time you may want to get a good quality cat back system with lifetime warranty such as Corsa or Magnaflow. They make a good product that will last the life of your AV and are an easy install you can do yourself and all the design research has been done by them for best performance as well as sound that doesn't have a drone in it to annoy your family or neighbors.

I just installed the gibson catback exhaust yesterday. The drivers side rear was a problem. There are 2 wires or should l say lines that get in the way over the differential made it difficult sneaking that pipe in. Longest part of install off your back in the driveway.

Black tips dual out the side. Fit and finish superb.

I would have liked a little more sound but my wife insisted it could not be too loud.

Next step long tube.

How loud is it exactly? I know it's hard to describe, but could you compare it to another car's stock exhaust as reference?

I'm interested in the Gibson single side exhaust but the youtube videos make it seem like it's a little obnoxious for suburban neighborhoods with houses close together. I was also wondering if the same year ext exhaust would fit under an av without any mods. The exhaust company diagrams make them look close...

How loud is it exactly? I know it's hard to describe, but could you compare it to another car's stock exhaust as reference?

I'm interested in the Gibson single side exhaust but the youtube videos make it seem like it's a little obnoxious for suburban neighborhoods with houses close together. I was also wondering if the same year ext exhaust would fit under an av without any mods. The exhaust company diagrams make them look close...
Unless you use a decibel meter from a set distance you really can't get a great comparison of sound levels or "aggravation levels "for each person.
Back in the day when the website used to have larger GTGs you could get an idea of which exhaust setup was best for your needs by listening to various setups and maybe get test rides in several AVs.
What can be music to one person's ears can be annoying to another and vice versa.
Good luck in selecting the right system for you and your AV.......Corsa exhaust used to have sound clips so you could hear their exhaust at idol, acceleration and cruising it also showed the difference between their Sport system and the Touring system.

Back