Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avalanche Invasion 2019 - April 11-14 2019  (Read 107 times)

chuckgibson

• My Life
Avalanche Invasion 2019 - April 11-14 2019
« on: 12/02/18 11:47 AM »

Avalanche Invasion 2019!!!

That's right folks, this is happening!! The Volunteer State welcomes you all to Pigeon Forge Tennessee!! This little town, known once as Silver Dollar City, is a family friendly town!! There is Dollywood (https://www.dollywood.com/About-Us/Dollywood-History) amusement park and several family entertainment shows and eateries!

Many places to stay, AirBNB, hotels, motels and campgrounds all around. I have been able to contact and speak with several in the area, but at the time of this posting only one has actually made an offer and I will be finalizing things this week.

Twin Mountain Inn, in Pigeon Forge. They are offering nightly rates as follows for up to two adult guests per room. Additional adults are $10 per extra person plus tax per night with a maximum of 4 guests per room. Nightly taxes of 12.25% are not included.

4/11/19 $129.00
4/12/19 $139.00
4/13/19 $149.00

Our parking is limited to 1 parking space per reserved room and we are not able to accommodate over sized vehicles or trailers.

The group block would be complimentary to hold. Our group cancellation is 1 month in advance of the arrival date. Any rooms not reserved by this date will be cancelled from the group. Individual reservations will have a cancellation policy of 3 days in advance of the arrival date to avoid the first night plus tax penalty fee.

I will continue to update the information going forward. Also, there will be a web site so registration can be completed as to the 'invasion', in order for everyone to get the newsletter and updates monthly. There will be a couple of rides that we will take. One will be Friday afternoon, from Pigeon Forge thru Gatlinburg to Newfound Gap overlook. The other will be an all day event, traveling through The Dragon and the Foothills Parkway.

Also, this 'invasion' will collect money to donate to a local animal rescue or shelter. Many things to come. So please, if you have questions, ask.

:::There is a need for assistance from locals to help with Logistics, Event Planning and Safety:::
« Last Edit: 12/02/18 12:36 PM by chuckgibson »
"I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"

Didit

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • I love the Chevy Avalanche
Re: Avalanche Invasion 2019 - April 11-14 2019
« Reply #1 on: 12/02/18 11:53 AM »

Well since you don't have enough posts to  receive PM's, i'll ask it here, have you read thru the other threads when we went to Pigeon Forge?  I think we have had two or three National GTG's there, would be a wealth of information for you, oh and no train horns, lmbo!      Just a thought Chuck, keep at it, awesome!

Didit
« Last Edit: 12/05/18 05:58 PM by Didit »

BooomerX

• 2004 Summit White WBH 4X4
« Reply #2 on: 12/02/18 12:00 PM »

The fact that Twin Mountain Inn is limiting parking spaces might not work too well if anyone is just coming for a day trip. We would need a place to meet up as group. The Mountain Breeze motel was very welcoming to all of us the last time whether we were staying there or not.
Bought 04 Summit White 1500 4X4 summer of 08. Mods 17X8 Black Rock Wheels, Stainless Fender Trim, Hood  Deflector, Custom 1/4 Panel Emblems, Black Billet Bowtie, Amber DRL's, 800W power inverter for portable PS3 & 13" TV, Recon Big Rig LED light bars, Renegade roof light bar, Hooker Aero-chamber muffler with 3" Dynomax cat back pipes.

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #3 on: 12/02/18 05:01 PM »

I got to say sounds interesting, those hotel fees seem a bit high for the time of year.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.