• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Battery Problem

weedog

I have a 2004 Z66 and in the summer I have no problem with my battery. But in the winter if the truck sits 4 days the battery will be so weak it want start the truck. Anyone have a guess what it may be. Thanks

Battery is drawing from something.  After market radio,  vanity mirror light not shutting off properly,  could be anything.  Also check battery connections to alt.  Your ground. Make sure those are tight first.

weak battery

The instrument cluster in my 2004 EXT was bad and would drain my battery if left sitting for several days.

If you looked through the driver's side window at the cluster when it was inside the completely dark garage, you could faintly see a line of gibberish characters in the DIC display.

I replaced the cluster and the problem went away.

(y)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=battery+drain+test

Could possibly have a parasitic draw issue but do not notice it in the summer time due to the warmer weather. When its cold the car requires more cranking amps to start the vehicle. Or the battery could just be on its way out. What?s the temp where you?re at? At 32F a battery needs about 35% more juice and at 0F it requires about 60% more power to get it started, so depending on your temps you could be putting a bit of strain on that battery.

FYI plenty on hear have purchased new batteries and found out they are weak
I am included as had issue on our Volvo.... go buy battery come home; install; button everything up she wont start as battery is dead.

So do not think new batteries are great until tested.

Also check battery cables for good connection as that seems to be common problem

Back