• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Rotary switch light flashing continuously but 4wd working.

Blauchbuster

1. Is it possible for the rotary switch lights to continuously flash (when placed in Auto or 4HI) but the 4WD works and what is the likely cause? It certainly feels like 4WD Hi is working.

2. How can I prove the Auto is also working correctly (despite the constantly flashing light)?

Thanks

Sounds like the 4wd encoder motor is faulty and doesn't really know what setting it's in. I highly recommend getting it looked at. Are you seeing a "service 4wd" message on the DIC?

Not getting a Service 4WD message on the DIC. When I put it in 4HI it turns like it's in 4HI. Can't tell if Auto works because it has not been slippery enough to engage other wheels. 4LO works fine. It seems like the signal to the switch light indicating the 4WD is in position just never arrives to turn the light on solid. If that's all the encoder motor does, then maybe that is the culprit. Thanks for the response.

Back