• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

6.0 or 6.2 engine swap in 2011

ezstriper

My 2011 has just over 100k, runs fine, just know on borrowed time with the junk DOD lifters, although did delete the DOD long ago, my 2011 Escalade killed lifter/cam @ 70k. Any way want to do a engine build with DOD delete cam, etc and would like to get more power, so question is what 6.0 would be a plug in(I know tune will be needed) ? Or do I need to try to find 6.2 from about the same year ? 6.0's are much easier/cheaper to find and I know they changed the cam sensor location mid 2000's or so and the reluctor wheel as well...Thanks Rob

There are older threads on this site about a 6.0 swap as long as it's not from another year being a relatively easy swap. You may want to search and read those threads.
Others have just installed a magnacharger if they needed more torque and hp for towing etc. This would see like a relatively easy mod without replacing the entire motor:
http://www.magnacharger.com/
They make a kit for the 5.3 as well as the 6.0 amd 6.2 motors FYI.

The 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 all are the same blocks externally so everything, including heads can be used on any engine. Same goes with the Positive Displacement style super chargers. The 6.2 is a different engine. You will need a different calibration for the bigger sized motors but they are otherwise externally the same.

Atleast in 2002-2006 and probably newer ones as well.

Back