• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Best cv?s with 6in lift

PhilipR08

So I broke a cv the lrevious owner had installed and bought 2 new heavy duty ones from rock auto snapped the first time I put it in 4wd. Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

PhilipR08 said:
So I broke a cv the lrevious owner had installed and bought 2 new heavy duty ones from rock auto snapped the first time I put it in 4wd. Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Was the front diff dropped? I looked at doing a 6" lift for my 2003 and they drop the differential by quite a bit to make the CV joints work properly.

There is a company that makes bulletproof CV's, but they are not cheap. They are built to out last the vehicle. I looked into them when I was still big into offloading, but backed away when I saw the price tag. I believe it was somewhere around  $1500, not positive, but that may have been for one.

Before you install any more CV joints you had better check out your drive train. You snapped the previous CV's, installed new ones and they snapped when it was put into 4WD. You may have a bigger problem with the front diff or transfer case.. My observation..

Other thoughts, are the CV axles angles almost straight out from the diff or are they at a steep angle causing them to bind?

Back