• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Drivers seat extender??

Motor7

I googled it, but nothing comes up. I'm 6'4 and have a 36"+ inseam so I could use a little more leg room. Since nothing commercial seems to be available(like for our Wrangler JKU), has anyone here made their own driver seat rail extensions?

I have not read of someone doing that on this website (doesn't mean it hasn't been done though). I assume you would have to extend or relocate the electronics harness under the seat as well and of course it would severely cramp any back seat passenger's legroom and interfere with folding down the rear seat.
I guess GM tried to help somewhat when they offered brake and gas pedals that could be moved forward or down away from driver some?

Hmmm, I went through the manual but must have missed moving the pedals...I'll look again. But, it's not the pedals, it's the distance between the firewall and the seat that causes the issue with me not being able to stretch out my legs on a long trip.

Mods...sorry for posting in the wrong section :-[

I had to look at your first post to find the year AV you have (2002) and you may not have electronic adjusting pedals on that year AV.
FYI it helps people answer you and you don't need to repeat your info if you put the year and model AV you have in your signature section since many answers are year or model specific. Later year Avs had the ability to push a button to raise or lower the gas and brake pedals.
I too am a large person and so is my family. We feel the second gen AV 2007-2013 with it's redesigned interior feels a little more spacious for things like the parking brake would hit our left shin when driving my 2004 but it doesn't hit in my 2008. The passenger foot well seems slightly more spacious too. I know what you mean about long trips and not being able to move, we just try to take one or two more stretch/refuel/food and bathroom breaks to feel refreshed.

Back