• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Glove box PRO Sheet/List

wgregs

So if the sticker in the glove box has Z66 on it does that mean my Avalanche is a Z66 modle. It has no stickers / badging etc on it saying so.
9Ch8RommEYhyxb9Z6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Ch8RommEYhyxb9Z6

More than likely.

YES you have a Z66.

I think some years they did not put any badging but that would be like 2006 or so.

I do remember seeing decals on the rear but no metal badges for Z66 ever. I would guess if it came with the Z66 decals the original owner removed them.
Many of us did the same for Z71 decals and either went plain or switched to the metal c pillar 4x4 Z71 emblems to be less flashy.
As a side note some members added SS emblems to do their own version AV but GM never produced an SS AV.

You will probably find 99% of parts on a Z66 interchange with stock AV. Only a few items related to self leveling suspension on a Z66 will be unique. Other things you will find out is that all 2002 Avs were cladded and sometimes when it concerns exterior parts such as body panels or headlights and grille etc. are specific to a cladded and can't be replaced with later year WBH (no cladding on lower parts)  AVs.
Then cladding did change colors over the years....2002 to about 2003 light grey, 2004-2006 dark grey, 2007 Up the upper cladding was black or painted as an option then 2013 all AV had painted EXT cladding parts.

Back