Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Factory top speed limiter  (Read 623 times)

No Tyme

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
Factory top speed limiter
« on: January 8, 2019, 17:02:32 PM »

Does anyone know on the 13 LTZ with 5.3 where is the Factory top speed limiter is set on a factory tune? I hit 105 today going to an accident scene and I thought my 2014 Silverado was set to cut off top end at 95. Not sure if there is a set point on the 13's.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5417ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Blizzaks, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

Formerly 2005 Avalanche Z71 Silver Birch

ca2kjet

• WebMaster
  • something secret steers us
Re: Factory top speed limiter
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2019, 05:23:01 AM »

:dunno: I can only do 98 on my '07 (shh don't ask how I know)

Black on Black - 2007 Avalanche 4x4 LT3 Z71

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2019, 05:28:23 AM »

stock tire size or ?
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

MyBigToy

• Too much power is just enough!
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2019, 07:34:25 AM »

It depends what speed rating OEM tires it had, but generally it is 98 mph.
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 LPM Z71 - Magnacharger w/3" pulley, TOG's headers, 216/224-.551/.551-115 cam/pushrods/dual springs/titanium retainers, built tranny, Yank TT2600 converter, 24K GVW Tru-Cool tranny cooler, Flex-A-Lites, ProCold intake, MSD wires & TR6 plugs, 20" Panther Juice 6's, 2.8" rear lowering springs, J&J Enterprises stainless grille, custom metal rear step bumper. Best vehicle I have owned to date!

Daily driver: 2012 Centennial edition 4LT Grand Sport Corvette convertible

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2019, 08:17:05 AM »

I seem to recall mention of a story of where a certain 2004 EXT had found itself out on a long straight stretch of empty country highway and it decided to air it out.

Story goes, the truck pulled hard right up to close to the 100 MPH mark on the speedometer and then it gave it up.

But, I don't think anyone is going to admit to performing this act.

So, I guess we will just have to consign the story to folklore status.

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

No Tyme

« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »

stock tire size or ?
Running my 275 65 R20's. My daughter and grandson were in a head on collision about 11 miles from me and well, I guess I air her out. I swear the speedo said 105.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5417ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Blizzaks, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:10:14 AM »

WARNING

NO HARASSING THREAD WARS.

This thread has been cleaned

CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

EXT4ME

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:40:24 AM »

Wow, I feel like I missed something.
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »

Better yet, how are your daughter and grandson.  ???

Well I hope.
2003 2500

JVZL1

• Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 10:23:11 AM »

Wow, I feel like I missed something.

:o  :A:
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

No Tyme

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 13:49:18 PM »

Better yet, how are your daughter and grandson.  ???

Well I hope.
Both are physically OK but traumatized. They were hit head on by an out of control car which blasted her into a water filled ditch upside down. Thank you for asking.

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 14:02:44 PM »

Wow

:o :o :o
2003 2500

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 17:29:13 PM »

Holy smokes.   : :o I'm glad they're OK. 
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

No Tyme

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 19:34:32 PM »

Holy smokes.   : :o I'm glad they're OK.
Thank you, so am I. When I arrived on scene I could tell my grandson was in shock. He did not respond to my references to the new puppy. They both have been given names of people to talk with to help deal with this crash. I am going out on a limb here and also state that here in Michigan we have NO Fault Insurance in the state. Now after seeing this first-hand the personal stuff that was lost in the accident is NOT covered by insurance. If you want things like accessories you must add a rider to your policy and of course pay a higher insurance premium. My daughter just days before made the second payment on this 2019 Wrangler which is a total loss. Along with a $50 car seat, some toys in my Grandsons backpack, ruined shoes from crawling up the ditch bank are all a loss which is NOT recoverable. Just another reason to move from this state. I am just waiting for the wife to retire so we can become refuges from Michigan. Please, this is JMO and thank you all for your well wishes.

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 02:36:54 AM »

Glad all are fine now time to heal.

hug your family
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

EXT4ME

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 04:19:36 AM »

Prayers for all involved.

Randy

• Charter Member
  • I charge more than a buck$
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 20:58:09 PM »

Double WOW... Hope they make a full recovery, prayers for your family..
02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP

redheadedrod

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2003 Z71
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 21:34:50 PM »

Good luck to you and your family. I hope any injuries are healed quickly. Also know that Michigan also has what used to be called a mini-tort but not sure what it is called now. Your daughter can sue the owner of the car that caused the accident for up to $1000. Assuming the other driver is at fault they automatically lose and have to pay it so if her insurance didn't cover portions of the damage she can sue for the remainder. Which could include the damaged shoes, car seat, any deductible, vehicle loss etc.

Do not need a lawyer since all that there needs to be is a proof the other driver was at fault. If they have insurance you can contact their insurance company and don't even have to go to court. While the state has "no fault" the insurance companies don't treat it as a true no fault when one of the drivers is held at fault. Of course your daughters insurance may already be trying to get that $1000 for themselves so it is worth asking.

I have had to deal with this in the past when it was only $500. In that case the other driver didn't claim any damage and their insurance wouldn't have gone up. Problem was didn't have collision on the car so sued the other driver for damages for the $500. Of course since he was given a ticket he was assumed at fault and automatically lost the case. He was given the option to pay it in cash or let his insurance company pay it. His insurance company paid it.

Again, I hope your family is alright and if there are any injuries they heal quickly.

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)

No Tyme

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 04:50:18 AM »

Good luck to you and your family. I hope any injuries are healed quickly. Also know that Michigan also has what used to be called a mini-tort but not sure what it is called now. Your daughter can sue the owner of the car that caused the accident for up to $1000. Assuming the other driver is at fault they automatically lose and have to pay it so if her insurance didn't cover portions of the damage she can sue for the remainder. Which could include the damaged shoes, car seat, any deductible, vehicle loss etc.

Do not need a lawyer since all that there needs to be is a proof the other driver was at fault. If they have insurance you can contact their insurance company and don't even have to go to court. While the state has "no fault" the insurance companies don't treat it as a true no fault when one of the drivers is held at fault. Of course your daughters insurance may already be trying to get that $1000 for themselves so it is worth asking.

I have had to deal with this in the past when it was only $500. In that case the other driver didn't claim any damage and their insurance wouldn't have gone up. Problem was didn't have collision on the car so sued the other driver for damages for the $500. Of course since he was given a ticket he was assumed at fault and automatically lost the case. He was given the option to pay it in cash or let his insurance company pay it. His insurance company paid it.

Again, I hope your family is alright and if there are any injuries they heal quickly.

Thank you for this info redheadedrod: I had no idea about mini-tort but I will tell you I will start digging into this. My daughter and son-in-law tell me all the time how they are viewed as ďyoung and dumbĒ and think people try and take advantage of them. Just like car sales, my  daughter walked into a new car salesroom and stood there and no one approached her possibly thinking she can't afford a new car. Well the Chevy dealer was wrong and she bought the Jeep. And guess what, they are returning to buy another Jeep soon, LOL. Me as an elder I can't even browse a car lot without the vultures circling.

redheadedrod

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2003 Z71
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 07:20:40 AM »

Good luck... When I was with state farm they told me about the $1000 amount. The agent was trying to help me save money by offering me a $1000 deductible and explained how it would work. When my insurance went up to $400 a month after buying my Cadillac CTS (used mind you) with no record I was like "Sorry but I can't pay this..." Went with another insurance company for half the cost. Since trading in that '09 CTS sedan and buying this '12 CTS wagon my insurance went up a bit but still no where near that $400 amount.

Rodney
2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 25 queries.