• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

finaly making our way to Texas

Alaska_AV.

Cruise Coord
SM 2003
The wife and I are visiting the great state of Texas, Feb. 24-March 6. 2019.  Were trying to figure out some plans. time is short. will add more as the time closes in ..

Just have to ask...why?
I finally left west Texas before thanksgiving and ain't looked back. I was over in west Texas pecos / midland area. Traffic is dangerous over there.

From Alaska to texas, I bet that will be a culture shock

Riverwalk in San Antonio is really cool. Can't say much for the rest of the state as we were down there on the bike riding around Hill Country. Pretty sure that isn't on your list of things to do for this visit.

I guess it depends on what you want to do. We're here for a month, leaving Feb 15. Like Mike said, the River Walk is cool. If you just want to check out the city, stay down town. I've only used the truck about twice a week. We're golfers, so we played a few games. For us it was more to get away from the polar vortex heading our way, in that aspect this was a successful vacation.
Day trip to Corpus Christi was cool.
If caving is your thing, the Natural Caverns were cool, different levels, easy walk to crawling around.
The Pearl District is neat
The 4 missions are cool if history is your interest,
The Alamo of course
Laser show on the front of the San Fernando Cathedral was kind of cool (about 20minutes)
If you're short of time, the hop on, hop off is always an option.
Margaritas are fantastic.

Al 

Are you coming through New Hampshire  :wave:

Back