• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

At Wits End With Wet Floors

99Roadking

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 with no sunroof. I have battled wet floors until I have about had it. I have checked the AC and that's all good. I had the windshield resealed and that may have helped a little or maybe its in my mind. I know the midgate is leaking as well as the driver side rear where the cladding starts. The six screws across the roof cladding I had four screws that the washer was still holding up but the screws on both ends had none, so I replaced those in hopes that was it but I don't think so. I noticed there is a perfect cut from the outside to the inside at the bottom middle of the rear window. I am not sure if all were done that way from the factory or is that part of the problem. By the way it leaks while the vehicle is parked if that helps any. I feel like getting some help and just gutting the complete cab including seats and carpet. I am probably going to replace the carpet and pad once I feel like I have found and sealed all the leaks. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. The drain at the midget was not blocked so that is another possibility eliminated.

read threads in this section...

possible issues:
Front firewall body seams
AC/Heater airbox attachement to firewall has gap allowing water in.
all Door electrical boot connector loose
Midgate not shut
Midgate exterior drain not clean
Rear window frame cracked.
ANy of several firwall grommets for electrical wires.

Roof should be ok...
but do read threads in this section as plenty have describe their fixes

Back