• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

a few questions on another "new-2-me" 2013 Avalanche

HiHoStevo

Hello Folks... I just adopted a 2013 Avalanche LTZ.

1.  I had a question about what the latest version Nav data is?

Most likely the previous owner has not updated the system..., so are there viable options other than going directly to GM for an update?

Quite often eBay has data discs, but I am not sure about the recency or quality... so I am very curious about what experiences others have had.

2.  The compressor for my stability system seems to have taken some physical damage soI have ordered a new compressor.  Does anyone have experience installing these units?  Is it something a non-mechanic can reasonably do?

3.  I believe I would like to install the skid plates from the Avalanche Z-71 model.  Any experiences good or bad with this project?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and respond!

The air compressors burn out.

It happens.

You can choose to replace with OEM or aftermarket parts.

I chose to replace my burned out air compressor and air shocks with products from Arnott Industries back when I bought my used 2004 EXT back in 2012.

That was over 100K miles and 6 years ago and everything is still functioning as expected.

If mine ever go out again, I will go back and purchase replacement parts from Arnott.

Thank you for the information...

I already purchased a replacement compressor and installed it last night.

I have not confirmed that it is working yet..., I and a friend stood on the tailgate and that did not activate the compressor..., so I am not sure exactly how much weight I need to put in the back before the compressor will activate.

The motor on the old compressor was split in the front like a battery that had overcharged... so not sure what happened there. 

The truck rides really nice, so I am thinking (hoping) that the shocks are fine, it was just a problem with the split compressor motor.

HiHoStevo said:
1.  I had a question about what the latest version Nav data is?

Most likely the previous owner has not updated the system..., so are there viable options other than going directly to GM for an update?

Quite often eBay has data discs, but I am not sure about the recency or quality... so I am very curious about what experiences others have had.

Version 2016 is the most recent and final update that will ever exist for the Avalanche. While some have success with those super cheap bootleg copies on eBay, I would never trust those. Real price is roughly $160 and I'd only get it direct from GM (gmnavdisc.navigation.com).

Back