• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Switched power from mirror?

ljurgens

Hi,
2011 and I am trying to find the diagram for the mirror plug to pull switched power for my dash cam. Anyone done this or know where I can find the diagram?

Thanks,
-Lance

Any particular reason you want to pull from the mirror circuit as opposed to directly from the distribution block in the driver's side footwell or one of the other sources readily available there?
To answer your question, no. I've never heard of anyone pulling from this harness to power anything else.

Yes, this is a very common idea. There are a few companies that make adapters, http://invisicord.com/index.html is one. Usually for radar detectors. I prefer not running an 8 foot cord all over the truck. I have an 8 inch 12v to 5v cable with pins that go into the plug at the mirror. I know there is 12v switched power there, just don't know which wires on the plug.

Since you mentioned it, there is a distribution block in the left side foot well? I would like to utilize that for my GPS connection. Where do I find these diagrams?

Thanks, I think they are different, but there was a nugget in there possibly about newer ones. I'll check it and see.

ljurgens said:
Since you mentioned it, there is a distribution block in the left side foot well? I would like to utilize that for my GPS connection. Where do I find these diagrams?
right here

Attachments

• Junction block.JPG
    Junction block.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 27
  • junction_block_left.jpg
    junction_block_left.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 34
Back