• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WV Wild and Wonderful Weekend 2019 Timing and Planning Thread

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
I've really dropped the ball this year with everything I have had going on and have neglected to plan our annual spring GTG yet..

At this point it looks like it is going to be a couple of months later this year, which many honestly work out in our favor with weather and such and looking like not having a National GTG again this year.

What is everyone's thoughts about pushing the GTG to later spring and warmer weather?

Sorry I have been MIA guys, life and work has gotten the best of me these last few months.  :rolleyes:

4x4dreamer said:
.... looking like not having a National GTG again this year.

wHo said that?

Keep me in the loop. 

By the way we will be in summersville June 27-30. 

Would love to see some of the locals. 

We have no problem with moving WVWWW later.

--OldVMer

ygmn said:
wHo said that?

I guess That was just me being pessimistic.  :beating: I?d love for there to be one!

BigBlockBirch said:
Keep me in the loop. 

By the way we will be in summersville June 27-30. 

Would love to see some of the locals. 

I think That?s one of my weekends off as of right now. We will be in touch!

OldVMer said:
We have no problem with moving WVWWW later.

--OldVMer

I have Kept asking myself where to go and when to have it this year, and I havent Been able to completely motivate and get things done. I?m slipping.

Hopefully I can Make up for it!

May 10th & 24 is no good for BBB & MzBBB

Edit: and May 18

Yikes

First 4 weekends in June are currently open. 

1st
8th
15th
22nd

I thought WWW was supposed to be a spring GTG, kinda like the end of the cold and beginning of the warm months.

james21 said:
I thought WWW was supposed to be a spring GTG, kinda like the end of the cold and beginning of the warm months.

It actually started as a Winter event in order to take advantage of the winter rates at the WV state parks.  Over time it has often migrated later than the original February time slot.  Maybe next year that rascal WV cruise coordinator can get his act together to schedule WV Wild and Wonderful Winter Weekend in the winter.  (j/k, 4x4dreamer)  Any opportunity for a GTG is a good one.

--OldVMer

OldVMer said:
It actually started as a Winter event in order to take advantage of the winter rates at the WV state parks.  Over time it has often migrated later than the original February time slot.  Maybe next year that rascal WV cruise coordinator can get his act together to schedule WV Wild and Wonderful Winter Weekend in the winter.  (j/k, 4x4dreamer)  Any opportunity for a GTG is a good one.

--OldVMer
And before Ian stepped up to the task, I seem to remember a few Ohio CCs that used to handle it. He's a young guy with a full plate right now. Even if it is his "turf", I'm sure He'd appreciate any help from anyone that has more time on Their hands.

ohiobellboy said:
And before Ian stepped up to the task, I seem to remember a few Ohio CCs that used to handle it. He's a young guy with a full plate right now. Even if it is his "turf", I'm sure He'd appreciate any help from anyone that has more time on Their hands.

Agreed!!!!!!

You know how I feel about doing anything in the summer other then boating.  :beating:  But to be with my AV family I guess I can make an exception. I wouldn't even know where to begin to have it tho. Like Terry said the reason we did it earlier is to get the discounted winter rates at the state parks. It has become more about just hanging out in a cabin so as far as things to do around the area I dont think it truly matters anymore.

We will be in Summersville June 27-30 if you wanna do a throw together event?  I know the last time BBB went to Summersville we met some very special friends that have been with us ever since.    :love:

Mrs. WVAV said:
You know how I feel about doing anything in the summer other then boating.  :beating:  But to be with my AV family I guess I can make an exception. I wouldn't even know where to begin to have it tho. Like Terry said the reason we did it earlier is to get the discounted winter rates at the state parks. It has become more about just hanging out in a cabin so as far as things to do around the area I dont think it truly matters anymore.
Fine. Plan it and we'll all come down for a weekend of boating. WV is WV and it works for us.  (y)

BigBlockBirch said:
We will be in Summersville June 27-30 if you wanna do a throw together event?  I know the last time BBB went to Summersville we met some very special friends that have been with us ever since.    :love:

I do agree with that the crowds are going to be crazy in the summer, and rates are going to be much higher. Also if there is a Nats this year; end of June is only a month away from the usual Nats date.

ohiobellboy said:
Fine. Plan it and we'll all come down for a weekend of boating. WV is WV and it works for us.  (y)

Bring the boat to Summersville Lake.    ;)

ohiobellboy said:
Beech Fork Lake State Park does have cabins.  :cool: It would be fun to have y'all up here for a boating weekend. Ian can tell you all about a day on the lake with us.  >:D
BigBlockBirch said:
Bring the boat to Summersville Lake.    ;)
We don't even have a trailer for our boat..It just stays at BeechFork.  :rolleyes:

When is this? I'm bored been sitting to long since my near death experience on my cruise.

Back