• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Radio / Electrical Issues?

ChevyMoose

Hello everyone,

So i have a real nice 2003 avalanche 1500 Z71 with Bose and have some audio/electrical questions.

First let me get started with saying i believe there is a short somewhere in the car but not sure where to begin troubleshooting it. If i leave my car for few days, the battery would die and it's not the battery or alternator as they are both new.

my 2nd issue is the radio, when i bought the car it used to work but all sudden the CD player stopped working all together and consistently flashes the CD logo and radio also doesn't work anymore, just lights, no audio. Can anyone tell me if this is a known issue? radio went bad or could be electric based issu?

lastly id like to replace the radio with an aftermarket, any recommendations for a nice double din one with bluetooth that's not too expensive (100-200) that will work with bose? i heard that not all radios will work with the bose system, on crutshfield it seems they say if the bose system if Y91 then it won't work, how can i tell what kind of bose system we have?

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you in advance for the help

Moussa 

for battery parasite draw.

Remove key and pop hood.
insert amp meter on battery. record amp draw
Start pulling fuses and not amp draw.
one or more fuses will produce a large amp draw and that circuit is your issue with killing the battery overnight.

Back