• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 LC9 - SES Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Fault

wrd1972

So my 07 LTZ LC9 Avy has been posting "SES P1125 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Fault". When it happens, the motor goes into limp mode, and wont recover unless it sits for about 5 minutes. Then it can drive fine for some tim. But...its starting to become more frequent.

I also have this crazy tendency to tap on the gas pedal, and this can sometimes, induce the issue. Not sure why I do that, just a bad habit I guess. But I would think that the pedal should be able to withstand that. But it could be worn after 200K miles or so.

So does the pedal seem worn out. And needing to only be replaced? Or might there be another part worth checking first?

Sounds like it's new pedal time.

I had the same issue. Replaced the pedal initially. Nope, didn't fix it. What ultimately did fix it was replacing the throttle body sensor. It's more than likely starting to fail and causing a position mismatch with the pedal sensor.

Back