• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Puddle Lights Question?

Jaki54321

Hello fellow Ava owners, my name is Jacqueline and I am a new proud owner of a 2005 Ava z71. The truck is in fantastic shape, so I couldn't pass her up. Anyway, moving on to my explanation and  question:

One night while going out to my truck, I noticed some lights pointing down at the pavement, which allowed me to see the ground I was stepping on. I actually didn't know they were there until that night, which was about a week after I bought the truck. I looked under the side door mirrors to see where it was coming from and found them directly underneath the mirror. I thought cool until I went to go look on the other side. Although it is working on the other side, I noticed that it was missing the casing and the light was just hanging under the mirror. I didn't like that because I don't want it to get wet and short anything, so I did some research and found that these are called puddle lights but that is all I could find.

So my question is, does anyone know where I can find the rectangular casing for these lights or do I have to replace the whole mirror? I have searched and can't find a thing. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not aware of that part being sold separately. Your best bet is a find a broken/junked mirror either locally or on eBay.

it would be cheaper to find a used mirror.

Link

I stand corrected, you can buy it separate... but holy cow is that expensive!

Are you referring to just the clear plastic lens that goes on the bottom of the mirror? If there's a salvage yard nearby, you may be able to find what you need.

You can find a cheaper price here as well as a diagram and info:

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-parts/gm-lamp-88980307

Back