• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

this Saturday was driving in 4 low slow, in my long driveway, next thing i bang

intercity1

my truck does not go into park and you don't see what gear it in. loss oil pressure. not sure if oil pan or filter got hit, no oil in my engine now. all in snow. look like the front drive shaft broke loss, is that possible, my truck is in middle of driveway one lane, 600 feet to road and about 500 feet to the house. can i disconnect this shaft and try to get truck back into park. hope its oil filter that got hit and put new one on and fill oil. will this give me at lease rear wheel drive get it back to house, hoping to work on this Monday, hope it does not snow any more here and don't drop 
to cold for me to work on this. will take few photo when I work on it so I can post them and hope get some help. ???
Anyone have this problem.
thanks
have great evening

You can remove that front shaft but don't go further than your house with it. Pretty sure that isn't the issue with it not going into park unless the transmission oil is all gone also.

Thank You for your reply; going out there little later once it warms up some -30C with wind chill right now. hoping I can do that, and see if my small tractor can pull it out of drive way after that. Already clear all snow in front of truck to the road. behind is foot in most places or higher with the wind drift.
thanks

Hi

Was able take front drive shaft out. The front u joint  was broken. Yes it was oil filter that damage, replace it. Also notice oil cooler leaking as there is sign of it being hit as well, will need to replace bolt has one badly damage the other one was loosen. Hoping just two new bolts and gasket, hope some one in Sudbury has parts.  Notice that the gear shift linkage at the transmission was bent, I bent it back as much as I was able to, this gave me on gear selector able put in into park which is now show rev and the key came out there. Thinking that I might be able to just cable get it back into park.

Have battery on slow charge  2 amps.

how do you add photo to our post ???

Back