• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Normal oil pressure after pick up tube o ring replacement

Chromewrecker10

Just wonder what?s normal oil pressure after oil pick up tube o ring replacement. When the engine is cold it?s now around 55-58 after driving for a while it?s around 40 + or - 2 pounds. Is this normal? the truck is a 08 with the 5.3 218,000 miles I was previously at 25 hot and 38 cold so it?s better just wanted to make sure it?s right. Thanks

Looks good to me.

Oil pressure is also effected by the clearances of bearings and other wear surfaces within an engine.

As an engine gets older, the wear surfaces begin to allow more oil to pass through and the normal oil pressures will begin to drop.

Your oil pressures look good and I would not be concerned.

Before I replaced my o-ring, at warm idle I was seeing 15-20 PSI and 30 or so at normal cruise.

I now have 30 at warm idle and 40+ at normal cruise and upwards to 60 at warm WOT.

I just logged in at 221K miles this week on my 2004.

100k miles ago, everything was a little higher.

It's tough getting old.

(y)

Wish I could see my oil pressure. changed out the oil pressure sensor for a new Delco one and it lasted 2 weeks...

I hear my rockers knocking when I am under about 1000rpm. I will be replacing the pan gasket. When I do that I will also replace the oil pickup and hopefully the oil pressure sensor again. We shall see what it does. The truck has 273k miles on it but rebuilt heads.

Truck runs real solid and idles smooth otherwise.

Rodney

Back