• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Reverse/Back-up Lights stay on ..

DGood-07 LTZ

:help:  I have a '07  Avalanche LTZ from Canada.  When i turn off my vehicle the passenger side reverse light stays on.  It also does this when i 1st start it in the morning.  i have to cycle through the unlock/lock on my key fob to get it to turn off.  is this normal ?  Also if there is anyone out there that knows how to disable the  daytime running lights (head lights) please tell me!  my head lights stay on all the time now..  :mad:

First welcome to the website!
The reverse light problem is not normal so I would have electrical system checked for a bad ground or reverse switch.
There is a difference between DRLs and headlights so which ones are the problem? The way to know if it's DRLs or headlights is that if your AV is in gear during daylight the DRLs should be on, if there is not enough daylight or you have a bad dash light sensor the DRLs may not come on and in effect the headlights come on automatically thinking it's night time. Some members test their sensor by shining a bright flashlight on it and that should make the DRLs come on.
FYI you can't legally disable the DRLs on any modern vehicle.
Good luck with your fixes.

thanks for replying !  sorry i wasn't clear...  The headlights are coming & staying on during the day.  i tried putting a flashlight over the sensor while the truck was in gear/drive but they did not turn off/switch to DRL.  And there is no way to by-pass this sensor to have regular manually operated head lights ?  How can i get a schematic for the DRL and reverse lights for my '07 ?
thanks,

Back