• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Defrost Conundrum

triaker

So yesterday it was 39˚ and very rainy.  I was driving in my car and my windows started fogging up.  I tried to run the AC on vent to blow air onto the windows, and the AC button flashed at me 3 times and went dark.  I read online that it won't operate under 40˚.  Is there a way to bypass that?  I tried everything and finally pulled over and wiped the windows with a rag so I could see out of them again.  I've never encountered this in my other cars.  My wife's Ford Fusion will run the AC for defrost no matter what the temp is outside.  Thanks for advice!

The Resources section on this website has your owner's manual in it if you do not have a copy. I think section 3-2 may help you out....
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/assets/files/resources/model-years/owner-manuals/2002-chevy-avalanche-owners-manual.pdf

just put it in regular defrost mode for front window and it has small air flow on side windows

Back