• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Parts from an '07 on an '04

michaelstone

I think my transfer case went on my '04 so looking for parts and a guy has an '07 he's parting out. My understanding is tranny and transfer case will work but maybe not body stuff, is this correct?

I'm not sure about interchangeability between your 2004 AV which is first generation and the 2007 which is second generation. Only way to know for sure is to check a site like www.gmpartsdirect.com and look at part numbers on each and see if they are the same or some kind of fitment chart to see if the part spans both generations.
Plus I would be concerned as to why a person would part out an AV , was it due to damage in a wreck or abuse?

Okay thanks. The frames cracked on it is why he's parting out. Seems that transfer case should work, still not sure about tranny.

I know lots of things can total out a vehicle and many parts can be salvaged. I would just worry about hidden damage on the take off parts, ex. if the impact was so severe it cracked the frame what damage hidden or visible is done to the drive train? If cracked frame was due to flooding or harsh conditions again why wouldn't other parts be affected too?
Good luck with your rebuild.

Thanks. I believe he said something about cracking due to rust. The tranny was either rebuilt or a rebuilt one was put in it before it cracked. I'll be sure to check it out though.

Back