• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Options to alleviate upper control arms bottoming out?

wakebdr

So I've had 3.5" front/3" rear spacers on my 2010 LTZ for a while now.  Just recently I've been looking to replace tierods, ball joints, control arms, etc. bc they are all just about shot.  As I've been doing research, I ran across some posts/articles that mention how the upper controls could bottom out with spacers installed.  So I went out to look at my truck and sure enough they've been hitting the stop as they created quite a groove.  So now I'm in search of a solution or fix to this.  Are my only options either A) shelling out the cash for a full suspension lift or B) upper control arms designed for a lift?  Just by looking at some of these UCA's that say they are designed for a lift, they seem to all be tubular and just built with a different angle than the stock arms.  If I go that route, is the install just the same as replacing the stock arms or is it more involved?  One more question while I'm at it.  Again if I go the route of new control arms, will the different angle cause my truck to raise or lower more than it is?  I'm pretty new to this and am having a difficult time finding info online.

Thanks

Back