• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

iSimply ISGM751 install

diarmuidf

PM 2018
PM 2017
SM 2007
Not having Bluetooth connectivity on my 2007 Z71 with Bose Head Unit has always been an annoyance for me. I was using an adapter that fed the sound through the Aux input but was never happy. I found this unit on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XQCRZWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  PAC ISGM751 Carconnect Full Integration BT with HF Calling for Select GM

I installed it last weekend and it truly is plug and play. The hardest part was removing the trim around the head unit without breaking it. The supplied harness is long enough that I was able to mount the adapter behind my glove box. Now I have integrated bluetooth for calls and streaming from my smart phone and can control from my steering wheel as well as the head unit.  I did end up with the Blank Clock issue but thanks to Dan Creason on Youtube I was able to fix the problem. If you would like to add integrated bluetooth capability to your existing head unit I can definitely recommend this system.

Thanks for posting.  I have a 2013 with OEM headunit that has Nav/Bose/XM.  But Bluetooth only for phone - no music.  Would like to check this out.  Glad to hear steering wheels controls still work.

Update, I may be out of luck -

Just read this:  2012-Up Avalanche, Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe & Yukon with NAV are *NOT* COMPATIBLE.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/iSGM751.html

Any one see any harnesses/kits for a 2013 w/ Nav?  TIA

Sorry that the unit will not work for your truck. I did a search and came across this unit from Grom Audio.  https://gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/gmc-chevrolet-saturn-buick-06-12-usb-android-iphone-car-integration-adapter-kit.html. You also need to add on the bluetooth dongle. It says that the steering wheel controls do not work with it. You could install and just use for music streaming and keep your current integration for phone calls. At $200 it is not cheap. I do not have experience with this particular unit but have been using their BT3 unit in my 2001 Lexus IS300 for 4 years now and it works great. It would not hurt to give them a call or email and explain your situation and see if it will work or if they had another solution.

Wow, thank you for the reply and great information.  (y)

Another option might be this App
Bluetooth Streamer Pro

They say it allows you to stream music, pod casts etc over a phone only bluetooth connection. It is available for IOS and Android. You can download and stream free for 7 days to see if it works for you. The quality is only as good as the phone only protocol allows. Worth a try. I do not have any experience with either version so you will be our tester if you choose to proceed.

diarmuidf said:
Another option might be this App
Bluetooth Streamer Pro

They say it allows you to stream music, pod casts etc over a phone only bluetooth connection. It is available for IOS and Android. You can download and stream free for 7 days to see if it works for you. The quality is only as good as the phone only protocol allows. Worth a try. I do not have any experience with either version so you will be our tester if you choose to proceed.

Thanks, just downloaded.  Will try in next few days and report back.

Found another option that might work CRUX BTGM-33 Bluetooth? Interface available from Crutchfield. Is says it will work for a 2013 Avalanche and retain steering wheel controls.

diarmuidf said:
Found another option that might work CRUX BTGM-33 Bluetooth? Interface available from Crutchfield. Is says it will work for a 2013 Avalanche and retain steering wheel controls.

Thanks.  Will check that out!

Per your suggestion, I tried the "Bluetooth Streamer Pro".  It worked with respect to streaming the music.  But the sound quality was poor/tinny.  (as you said may occur.)

Reviving an old post but i too am now unhappy with having to plug my phone in to the aux cord and having it hang there and i have come across both products, the isimple ISGM751 and the crux BTGM-33. I have the factory Bose navigation and never use the navigation anymore because google maps does a way better job. What i do like about plugging it in with the aux cord is it plays the maps instructions through the speakers, but only if i have the stereo set to the aux setting. Can anyone with either of these 2 products tell me if i am driving with the bluetooth on and paired listening to regular AM/FM radio and using google maps will the instructions come through the speakers ?

or does anyone use a better device they can recommend

Back