• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wil a onstar mirror work on a non onstar truck.

keng

Hey guys have a question I could use your help with. I have a 04 avalanche and the rear view mirror went out.  It still gets power and have been told the mirror is bad. I have found a few rearview mirrors from    02-05 avalanches but the mirror has the onstar feature.  I don?t care about onstar working I just want to know if the compass and temp would work.

Thanks guys.

It is not clear by what you mean by the original mirror going "out".

If you are referring to the compass/temp display going out, this is a common problem and is usually just a bad solder joint for the ground connection on the circuit board inside the mirror.

This is an easy fix and there are Youtube videos describing how to do it.

As far as the Onstar, I doubt just having a button on the other mirrors is going to make any difference.

The Onstar is a module inside the dash and with yours being a 2004, it most likely wouldn't work anyway unless someone down the line upgraded the module to a digital version.

The older trucks have an analog Onstar module that was discontinued many years ago.

Hello
Thank for your reply.  Yes that?s exactly what I mean. The compass and temp went out and the mirror and no longer works.

keng said:
Hello
Thank for your reply.  Yes that?s exactly what I mean. The compass and temp went out and the mirror and no longer works.

Good.

You should be able to fix your original mirror and not have to worry with wondering if the replacement will work.

Check Youtube for the fix videos.

(y)

Are you sure you didn't turn it off by mistake.  That happen to me.
But anyways a 02mirror will not work in a 04

Back