• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Remote Door Lock Not Working (stolen/recovered vehicle)

avy03

Hi and thanks in advance for taking the time to review this post.

Vehicle: 03 Avalanche 8.1L

Issue: truck was stolen/recovered and now remote door locks/panic button (RDL) do not work

Overview:

* p. locks themselves work (RDL do not)
* upon inspection, the aftermarket security brain was taken (lol) as were both roof antenna?s (gps, onstar, sat radio)
* confirmed all wires to/from brain are spliced (not cut) into avy system, so all circuits are in tact
* key fob batteries are good
* tried reprogramming key fobs ? no go
* disconnected battery for several hrs, tried to program key fobs again ? no go
* all fuses and relays seem to work

So from the reading I have done it seems the roof antenna?s have nothing to do with the remote locks, correct?  So, if this is true and no wires are cut or rerouted from the install of security brain and the key fobs work, why can I not reprogram the key fobs?

Oh, and if not, which antenna needs to be replaced?

Any suggestions to get RDL working again are appreciated?

p.s. apologies if this under the wrong subject

Factory door fob radios are in the passenger side door. They are in the actual door switch module.

If your truck supported TPMS they also were in this module as well.

If they are aftermarket key fobs on an aftermarket alarm then you will have to find out from the manufacturer how to get them to resync.

Replying to this ar 12:30 in the morning after working 16 hours so please excuse if I didn't read the OP correctly.

Rodney

thanks for the reply.

no tpms and the fobs are factory. actually pulled the pdm out today and looked it over, looks brand new, not that that tells us anything. what im saying is there is no obvious damage to traces or smd's.

any way to tell if the pdm is receiving a signal w/o an oscilloscope or similar. that said, actually have an old digital scope but never used it enough to know what im doing. but if you do and care to share what settings and what to probe i'll dig it out and attempt to test your suggestions.

do you know which wire goes from the pdm to the bcm and if there is a readable voltage when a signal is passed?

Resyncing may require a dealer tool such as a tech 2 to put into fob learn mode. Then whatever the sequence is to sync them.

Back