• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Location of Digital Radio Receiver

chrismorth

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

I'm trying to add a Crux Bluetooth receiver to my 2013 LTZ so I can stream music from my phone directly and not have to worry about the aux cord getting in the way anymore.  The instructions Crutchfield sent and the Chevy service manual both say that the Digital Radio Receiver is directly behind the glove box.  I can unfortunately confirm that this is not the case.  I've checked every nook and cranny of the cavity behind the glove box to no avail.  Does any one have any idea where this thing could be hidden?  I was hoping to not have to start pulling everything apart to find it, but it's seeming inevitable.  I've scoured YouTube videos and everyone who's posted a similar project on a Suburban/Silverado has found their's directly behind the glove box.  There are always a few people posting in the comments section saying that they can't find theirs where it's supposed to be, but never any replies.

73817uXMAZvYZyrb6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/73817uXMAZvYZyrb6

The service manual and Crutchfield instructions both indicate the module should be on the back side to the right of the glove box compartment, but I'm having no luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back