• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 avalanche electrical nightmare

Skithis

So about a year ago my truck started randomly locking/unlocking its doors while driving.  Then shortly after, the interior lights would randomly come on and stick on.  Then the remote lock system quit working all together.  About 6 months later, the remote locking system starts working again.  couple months go, battery just goes dead over night by itself.  Like completely flat dead.  Around the same time, all the TPMS sensors started acting up and going out.  Then this morning the alarm randomly starts going off for about 10 seconds.  I go outside and it quits.  Get in and try to start it and the battery is completely dead again.  Been charging all day, cant even get the starter to click even with a new battery.  What controls all these systems?  I replaced the battery about a month ago.

Hopefully you have this figured out by now. I had the same issue with my 09. The turn signal stuck on like it flashed and got stuck there. After days and days of unhooking the battery before going in for the night i finally started diagnostics. Everything pointed to the fuse  box. I believe I bought mine of amazon for around 200. There are several circut boards in the fuse block that get corroded. Very simple swap out pull the 2 handles up unhook 2 red wires and pull it out and swap the new one in. Also dont forget to pull the fuses that yours didn't use as the new one comes with fuses

This appears to be a common issue with GM fuse blocks. My 2007 Avalanche LTZ was having similar problems and it was diagnosed as a faulty fuse block after installing a new battery, new starter, new oil pressure sensor and new plugs and wires. Check out following video which explains problems due to a poor ground and faulty (poorly designed) fuse block with integrated circuits which cannot be repaired and how to replace it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25gYezR_k6c

Back