• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

03 Chevy avalanche reduced engine speed

buenf

Hi.... I have a 2003 Chevy avalanche truck keep showing reduced engine speed and would not get out of limp mode so I ran code scanner code p1516 popped up so I bought a new throttle body from eBay...and installed a used tac module with the same letter and crossed my fingers and hope it would fix the problem.. but got freaking worse so now it has about 40 different codes  so I reseted but keep showing reduced engine speed... So maybe needs a relearn procedure?  Please help out a newbie :E:

It maybe the accelerater pedal, I get that occasionally when it's raining hard or in a car wash. The plug on the TAC seems to collect moisture so I just clear the code. PS it has to see the code 3 times before it throws it into limp mode.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=4279.msg62558#msg62558

I got that a couple of months ago.

Read the codes and it pointed to a poor connection at the throttle body.

Pulled the connector, cleaned the terminals and reinstalled.

No problems since.

(y)

well  tried everthing but no luck finally took to mechanic he told me that it needs a pcm  that two of the lines are not talking..... So  still not sue if that's correct ?  any thoughts ?

Well  i finally got pcm #  12576106  but now the company that i want to buy the pcm say that the service number belongs to a 8.1 motor  and mines is a 5.3    So should i go with the correct one that the vin say  or should i go with the one the av is running with...... ????

Well put new pcm, throttle body, throttle body connection, new tac module, before only had code p1516... Now got  p1516 p0120 po449 p1125 p1514......  :E: :E: :E: :E: ??? ??? ??? ???

Well  got many people to look at the avalanche but still no luck replace alot of parts ... dont what else to look for?  any thoughts would be great

SO new throttle body or your EBAY one?

Are you sure on correct computer?

Any mice eating wires?

Yes new ebay one  throttle body  but new parts  throttle body harness, gas pedal sensor and new throttle body sensor kit  O yeah new pcm  but used parts just in case  it didnt like the New ones.... and still nothing  has more codes then before i started it.... Maybe its time to make paperclips  out of her.... :(

well maybe these used abd ebay parts are bad and causing more issues

Back