• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New (salvage) cluster: "Service Suspension" on dash

puddingpop

Hi, everyone,

The LEDs died on my 2007's cluster. The technician who attempted to do a repair said the cluster could not be fixed. I ordered a salvage cluster that was listed as compatible with my Avalanche.

Upon install the "Service Suspension" light comes on in the LED section (where Hood Open, etc appears). I tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes to reset the ECU but that didn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions to clear that warning?

I planned on having the mileage programmed from the old cluster's readings. I imagine that would clear the warning IF it's the correct cluster, but I'm starting to think I have the wrong cluster, as clusters are (I've been told, anyway) option-dependent for compatibility.

Do you have a LTZ model

2007 LT, so no air-ride.  An important detail I forgot to mention in my question  :D

At this point, I'm pretty sure I have the wrong cluster.

I'm pretty sure it has to be reprogrammed for your truck. Compatible does not mean plug and play that is one of the problems with buying salvage electronic parts. By the time you pay for the programming you lost any discount you have saved by buying salvage parts.

<blockquote> it has to be reprogrammed for your truck</blockquote>

That makes sense. I was hoping I could use it for a bit before sending it off to get reprogrammed to match my original.

I paid $40 shipped, so no matter how this shapes up I'm not too concerned.

it has to be reprogrammed for your truck

That makes sense. I was hoping I could use it for a bit before sending it off to get reprogrammed to match my original.

I paid $40 shipped, so no matter how this shapes up I'm not too concerned.

Back