• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A video with an overview of the AFM system.

EXT4ME

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
That is the dumbest idea GM ever had, didn't they think it would be problematic.

How about the V8-6-4 engines in 1981 Cadillacs!  A one-year wonder, right before the aluminum block HT4100!  I used to work on those.  Then GM hit a home run later with the NorthStar V8.  What a difference.

I sure seems to be keeping the second gen owners busy, these days.

What I don't like, is there will be a ton of messed up and/or messed with second gen trucks out there that would have been fine used vehicles, otherwise.

I know of one lady with a really nice 2007 Avalanche that the engine totally crapped out.

They can not afford to get it fixed and they owe way too much on it to sell it to someone that would put a new engine in it.

It has been assigned to the back yard for who knows how long.

Probably until the truck itself rots away.

At least it will be a low mileage truck when someone finally does snatch it up.

Sad.

Certainly makes me think I might not ever be comfortable buying a second gen when the time comes to move on from my 2004.

I'm glad I disabled the AFM on mine at around 30,000 miles. Have about 61,000 miles on it now. Owned it for 10 years now and the only major things I've had to do is replace the sensor on the top of the fuel pump and change the oil pan gasket.

Back