• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New head unit

dickpam

I have a 2012 Avalanche LT with stock Sirius and a back seat entertainment.  In 2014, I replaced the stock 2 din radio with a Rosen GM 1210.  That unit is now obsolete and software updates are not available and I never did like the cardiography, so I want to replace it with a HU that will replace it to include the XM radio, back seat entertainment, rear camera and the steering wheel controls and with no internal GPS, only able to allow an iPhone or Android to connect and utilize the cell phone maps.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Dick

I would suggest contacting customer service at www.crutchfield.com and explain exactly what you want and they can provide you with all the info and parts you need for the install.

I changed mine to a Pioneer 4200NEX.  It has support for both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, whichever one you want.  Paired it with Pac RP5 GM31 to retain the OEM features.  You can use the GM XM radio still, but I opted to install a separate xm aftermarket unit (SiriusXM SXV300v1), which will also give you the onscreen art broadcasted plus a lot of additional features.  You can still use the GM antenna on the vehicle.    All in all it works really well and sounds really good just with the built in Bose stock GM speakers.  I did not have a stock rear video screen but you can connect any one you want to the video outputs on the 4200NEX.  I put a low end screen in the back attached to the hinge in the armrest (I had to drill holes).   

See following for more info...

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=152387

I too replaced my original unit with a GM1210, on the ADC Mobile website they have a new unit to replace the 1210, its called the Dynavin GM2007, its an upgrade with a lot of fixes over the 1210. Take a look at adcmobile.com

Back