• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

L99/LS3 engine swap.

Owillia05

Hello does anyone here have any experience with a L99 swap into a 2007 avalanche. Any advice, or can let me know all I will need to make it work. Also putting the 6L80 in with it. Motor and transmpulled form a Ss Camero.

Can?t give specifies for you. Things I would look at.
Is; VVT, Cam & intake swap for your 6k truck (keep the torque where you need it), a tune for the engine and Trans swap. 
Do you have any local speed shop close to you.

I?ve used Lingenfelter in the past for guidance and parts. 

Vengeance is a reputable speed shop here in Atalanta.

Mainly need to know if I can drop the engine and tranny in with there harness and be good to go.

what year is engine and tranny?

what engine and tranny are in the current 2007 AVY?

Engine, trans, ecu, wire harness, and pedal all from a 2013 Camaro SS

My avalanche is a 2007 model two wheel drive with the 5.3l engine.

Not an easy swap using the Camaro transmission and wiring harness. There are companies that make wiring harnesses to swap them into older muscle cars, but I don?t know about into a newer vehicle with electronics. Someone may know of one, otherwise you?ll have to do a search and look for one.

1. The wiring harness will not interface with your 2007 without a major rework, probably not possible.
2. 2007 ECU may control the 6L80 but not fuel management and all the sensors the come along with the L99.

So your choices are:

1. Removing the fuel management from the L99, the manual cars did not have it I believe so parts are available.
2. Control the L99 with the 2007 ECU with a tune. You will not have all the sensor outputs available so there?s going to have to be some more parts swapping, like intake manifold, TB and sensors etc.
3. You will need a standalone controller for the 6L80 if the 07 ECU won?t handle it.

Just a few thoughts on what it will take..

Hers's company that makes wirings harnesses to swap into older vehicles, they may be able to help you figure it out..

https://www.psiconversion.com/

Nelson Performance

Here is one more. If it can be done he would know.
It's only money.

Thank you all.

Starting to think I should put my ls1 in there out of the z28 ?

Back