• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Factory bull bar removal?

myoldtruck

Im in the process of installing a auxiliary trans cooler.  I have figured out how to remove the grill in order to mount the cooler.  Problem is the factory bull bar has to be removed to remove the grill.

I see the two lower bolts for the bull bar at the tow hooks.  What else is holding this?  So much plastic, cant see any additional bolts. 

well here are instructions on how to install page 5 of my album:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=175&page=5

see attached.

Attachments

• Avy Brush Guard0001.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
On a side note, I keep seeing these bars popping up in scrap yards as I search around for fenders. I have to wonder if I should start trying to grab a couple decent ones. While it doesn't fit on my own, it might make for some garage wall art and im sure someone would like to have one for their 1500.

On a side note, I keep seeing these bars popping up in scrap yards as I search around for fenders. I have to wonder if I should start trying to grab a couple decent ones. While it doesn't fit on my own, it might make for some garage wall art and im sure someone would like to have one for their 1500.
how much are they at your local places? i havent seen them pop up around here.

There was a member way back in 2003 I think who made GM brush guard fit his 2500 by making new lower brackets.

how much are they at your local places? i havent seen them pop up around here.
I'm not actually certain, Ill see about making a call or two to the local places that i've seen them. I've had other expenses on my plate so I never bothered inquiring at the time. I've noticed that you cant find them on ebay nor even car-part.com searching direct for it (there's a couple). I've seen most of them on trucks when going for sheet metal searches and noticing one attached to the front end. Some are good general condition, some i've seen have credit card sized holes in the plastic, others have small amounts of rust in the inside bends on the tube where the chrome was weaker.

There was a member way back in 2003 I think who made GM brush guard fit his 2500 by making new lower brackets.
Yeah, i've seen you mention that a couple times, I figured it was more hassle than it was worth, but If I can dig it up and get onein hand, i might see about giving it a shot.

Back