• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ABS light flashing & dinging

Macc

I?ve been having some issues with my 02 Avalanche 2500 it has 191,000. For some time now my ABS and brake light would come on after driving for a little while and stay on for the rest of the day and sometimes for the next day. The truck would drive and brake just fine but the light would be on. This has lasted for months I?ve just let it go. But today halfway through my drive home the ABS light started flashing and beeping! It wouldn?t stop until I came to a stoplight then it finally stopped beeping  until I started driving again then it was back. I?ve read a few posts on here about the ABS module going bad could this be my issue? I don?t have a scanner so I can?t find out what code it is throwing. Has Anyone had similar issues or have any suggestions? I?ll take them all lol :help:

Most auto parts stores will read your truck for free. Juts have to make sure theirs will read ABS. 

read this section and many threads on ABS light.
Somtimes it it front hub speed sensor..

or rear axle speed sensor

or ABS pump valve controller circuit board solder joints failing...

many things.... you need need code read and then check our threads...

I went to the local Autozone this morning and they don?t have a scanner for the ABS system only for the check engine. I ended up buying one they had on the shelf that does ABS and check engine lights. When I got home I plugged it in and these are the codes that came up. For the ABS system code C0265 showed and for the check engine code P0300 showed. This might explain why the truck has been hesitating at freeway speeds under a load. So from what I?ve been reading it seems like that ABS code has to do with the ABS module so I?m guessing that it needs to be replaced or repaired as I?ve seen in a few other threads. I?ve also read that it might be due to a poor ground connection at the frame so I?m going to check on that first and see how it goes. I cleared both codes but when I did a system check again the ABS one showed back up and I hadn?t driven it yet at this point just started it.

Update

I found what appeared to be the ground wire under the drivers side door connected to the body mount. I cleaned and scuffed up all surfaces, washers, bolt, frame, and bolted it back together. I noticed that the ABS module had a bunch of oil covering it. It looks like my transfer case has been leaking and getting on to it. So I started the truck in the driveway for a min then did another code scan and none popped up. I?m gonna take it for a test drive to see if the lights come back on.

Well 12 mins into my 15 min test drive the ABS light and brake light came back on  :E: the scanner showed the same code as before

Well I went out and bought a Soldering iron today and pulled the module out. Man that one bolt closest to the electrical plug was the hardest to get to. I don?t know if it?s just because I have a 2500 or what but I couldn?t get a socket wrench on it to save my life no room and the angle from the top was too much. I ended up holding the socket down with one hand and using vise grips to turn the socket. Once it was out I took the cover off I re soldered the 8 or so points that were depicted in the video I watched. It?s not pretty this is the first time I?ve ever soldered anything but fingers crossed hopefully this did the trick and I didn?t mess it up more. The new ones I?ve seen online are about $380. I?ve seen ones for around $180 and my local autozone shows one but the are all out of stock at the manufacturer.

Thanks for asking. I?d hate to jinx myself but after a full day of driving to and from work today no lights came on.  (y)
I think it might have worked. Now I juts have to figure out the hesitation issue. If it?s not 1 thing it?s another.

The hesitation is more than likely that p0300 random misfire. That maybe caused by a bad cat convertor

Back