• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2013 Z71 shocks with adjustable ride height-HELP

moktm

My lift shop just called me to tell me Bilstein doesn't make a shock with adjustable ride height to fit my 2013 LT Z71 . So now i'm looking for help from you guys to find some shocks. May have to now look at level kits also. I was really just looking to bring the front end up level to rear. Don't really want to "raise" the whole truck. What is some of you guys suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Bilstein 5100s are what you want.  See this thread:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=146729.0

They are not adjustable after installed, which may be what the confusion is with your shop.  However, before you install these you can choose between 4 different settings that allow for 0" - 1.75" of lift.  I have mine on the 3rd setting which is advertised as 1.18" of lift.  It raises the front some, but still keeps some of the rake. 

That's what I thought but the uplifter shop says they don't make one for the 2013 LT Z71. I have to go pick up the truck in a couple hours so we'll see what he says then. Don't suppose anyone has a part # of 5100's they put on my model??

I saved the attached page when I was doing my research, it shows part numbers.  Hopefully the attachment shows up, I've never tried attaching a PDF on the forum before. 

Attachments

• Bilstein Applications for Avalanche.pdf
    288.5 KB · Views: 13
come to find out he was putting in LTZ not LT Z71. Got em ordered and going on Friday.
Thanks for the help.

come to find out he was putting in LTZ not LT Z71. Got em ordered and going on Friday.
Thanks for the help.
Would appricate some help. I have a 2013 Z-71. What part #s did they use for a Z-71? I saw the .pdf attachment on post # 4 of this thread, but I do not see am option for Z-71. TIA.

Back