• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2005 Factory Bose Premium

jbritterjr

I've searched through the forum for an answer and, while I've found some great info, I have not quite got a satisfactory answer to this question: Does the factory Bose amplifier crossover a specific input signal from the head unit; as in Left Rear, Left Front, Right Rear, or Right Front?

I am replacing an aftermarket head unit that bypassed the Bose amp for the 4 door speakers, as well as fed an amp and subs beneath the rear seats. The previous owner kept his amp and subs. 

The new head unit has a nice preamp with rca low level outputs for Left Rear, Left Front, Right Rear, and Right Front, as well as a sub. I thought about bypassing the factory amp for the 4 door speakers and tapping into the factory amp inputs with the preamp. If the crossover in the Bose uses a specific input signal, I would just connect the sub output from the head unit.

Any thoughts? Warnings? I'd appreciate any input.

Hopefully I can answer your question. The Bose have a full range channels to the door speakers, the tweeter in the pillars have there own cutover for voice  only. Some call them tweeters but they only response to voice signals. The stock Bose subwoofer inside the console has separate both a left and right channels for low bass HTH

Thanks for the info. I?m wondering if the crossover pulls the lows for the subs off of the front or rear signals  from the head unit. Probably best to try each output and find out.

I'm pretty sure it's the rear, too much stuff runs on the front like chimes.

840808-s.gif

Probably pulls off the front speakers because if you are using the rear audio setup the rear channels are shut off to the amplifier but the radio still sounds pretty much the same just doesn't have rear speakers.

They would use the crossover in the amp to block out the chimes to the subwoofer.

Rodney

Back