• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

lots of bcm codes only radio inoperable

materz66

i have no idea where to even start with this

truck is a 2003 z66 has the basic 6 way seat front back front of cushion up and down and rear of cushion up and down no onstar or steering wheel controls but is the base bose sound system. radio is locked dealer said they are unable to unlock it took it home and read the codes

first one that pops out is seat motor 4 does not even exist in my truck  ???

codes

U1000
U1041
U1064
U1301
B0103
B1001
B1004
B1780

Sounds like someone turned on the security code for radio.

you need to enter when it loses power and radio locks up (supposed to prevent theft but who steals stock radio)

Not sure what codes have to do with radio

No idea what you codes mean but I am sure they canbe googled.

Well after reading your other post did all this start when the battery died.

I would start with checking the fuses, how did you get it started did you jump start it.

To me it sounds like there is something on the Lan that is causing a problem.

materz66 said:
yes i have read other threads did not find a straight answer and most where also keeping wheel controls and onstar

battery died in the truck and now the radio is locked just going to swap out the head unit issue is which of the hundreds of interfaces do i even need?

the truck is oddly optioned so it's making it harder

it has bose

it DOES NOT have onstar

it DOES NOT have wheel controls

it has the rear seat radio controls

honestly i do not care if i keep the rear controls or not no one ever sits in the back 99% of the time. what is the most basic interface i can get so where an aftermarket deck will work with the bose system?

i put in a newer battery from the local yard. truck had an aftermarket radio in it previous owner put the stock one back in it worked and then it sat

65144224_2578311112179683_2330228849972871168_o.jpg

65801127_2578311138846347_1594265742579073024_o.jpg

65091444_2578311125513015_8715427948636667904_o.jpg

I would say pull the battery, pull the radio, hook the battery back up and then see what codes you are throwing...  Some of those codes were historic and not current. You probably have a module not working. If your radio is locked and not working right it could just be that radio causing the grief.

Rodney

that was done right after clearing the codes and starting the truck

with the truck off and key in run it showed no codes as soon as it was started it dumped all those codes

the one that is really throwing me off is seat motor 4

seat motor 4 does not even exist in this truck it is only the 3 motor seat with forward back and cushion tilt. motor four is power recline back or the lumbar

Most of the codes you are showing are due to communications errors... I don't see where you say you replaced your battery. It is highly likely that if you have a weak battery, when you start your truck you are loosing voltage to those modules and they are not communicating as they should be. You may need a battery with more cranking amps to prevent those communications codes... That or you have a bad ignition switch.

I would start there anyhow. And while doing this I would totally remove the radio until you find the source of the issue and check the wiring to the radio to make sure no wires are pinched, shorted or worn through.

Rodney

Don't be afraid to unplug the seat also to see what happens.

yup have the radio out have not checked to see if the codes are there with out the radio as i am going to replace the deck any way

will check the seat. did notice it one of the codes is for the air bag light it has will also check the wiring in the front end

and yes the battery is good as i replaced it with with a used one it tested very good on my load tester

Different load testers out there... Don't thing it is not possible that the battery is bad... Probably not the issue but I know in either of the CTS's I have owned it told you when the battery is going bad by throwing similar codes.. And the battery tests fine on a load tester...  Threw about 6 different "Lost connection" codes...  And any time you disconnect the battery you will get similar codes too... Rodney

Back