• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche running board and blinker problem

xenophon.nl

I am new to this forum, but hoping to read some useful information. I have an Avalanche 2008 with some small problems, of which I am not sure if they are related.

The first is that my Power Assist Step / Running Board does not extend when I open the driver door, it does work when I open the door in the back (on driver side). If I open the driver side door the light does go on, so 'the car knows the door is open'.

The second problem is that my right turn indicator starts of at the right speed, but after three blinks the lights start going really fast like one of the bulbs is burnt out. But both bulbs , front and back, work. The left one works fine.

So I scanned the car with the OBDLINK MX and software that I written myself, and got the following codes (these are current codes, not history):

DTC: U0199 00    Lost Communication With Door Control Module A (DDM)
DTC: B2555 01    Passenger Compartment Lamp Control Circuit
DTC: U0140 00    Lost Communication With Body Control Module
DTC: B1590 00    Mirror Vertical Position Sensor Circuit

The code B1590 means "Mirror Vertical Position Sensor Circuit" according to my GM manual, but when I search for the code on google the first hit is: B1590 Autolamp Delay Increase Circuit Short To Ground, which would make more sense because I have a turn signal delay problem.

I got a technical drawing of the connectors of the 'DDM', of which I think is the driver side power window switch. I checked all the ground and +12v wires, everything looked good.

I also checked all the fuses, in the engine department, on the side of the interior and under the steering wheel, I could not find any broken fuse.

It looks like the systems individually are working fine, but not communicating with each other by GMLAN?

Does anyone has some tips for me to help me troubleshoot?

Back