• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

EXT Z55 Autoride lift kit

SlickA70

I imagine this has been asked 100x but I hear some conflicting info.

I have a 2007 Escalade EXT AWD/Z55, I want to buy the RC 3.5" lift for an 07 Avalanche 4WD.

I will have to:
- Extend front ride control sensor wires or notch the spacers to make the plug fit
- Extend level control rods all around, either with the threaded rod or with a coupler to maintain level/ride control
- The kit comes with rear shock extneders so that should keep the shocks where their meant to be.

Few questions:
- Will the RC upper control arms work for the EXT if they are meant for an Avalanche?
- The kit will lower the transfer case, will this effect the AWD? If so I could need a new driveshaft?

I want to get this all right before I do anything, don't want do spend for a Skyjacker kit either (wife lol).

I also have 100% new Z55 suspension at all 4 corners (shocks, springs, bump stops) and would hate to mess something up.

First welcome to the website.

As with most mods, it can be done if you are willing to put the time and money into the operation. I bet it will call for lots of custom part making though and you will have a tough job and may not be pleased with the result over time.
My .02 is that a Cadillac AWD with leveling shocks is built and intended for sure footed smooth highway cruising and not tough off-road driving, I would leave it to do what it is intended for and not try to make it do something it wasn't designed for to begin with. For off-roading in an AV type platform you should have looked at the Hummer EXT instead....
Good luck with your plans and hope you have many happy and safe miles in your Cadillac EXT.

Hello and thank you!

I definitely agree the truck is a killer on the highway and I'll admit its more form thabbfunction but I do light trail runs and some back woods stuff when camping that I would appreciate larger tires and some clearance.

I've seen the 3.5" skyjacker that would maintain autoride and not mess with the AWD and I've been mulling that over but it would be sweet to lift for less if possible.

The level rod extensions or new threaded rods / extended harness for the the front struts seems easy enough, the rear shock extensions should bring it back to factory geometry as well.

I will eventually do it but I just wanted to see if anyone with an LTZ or AWD has had success not having to replace the front drive shaft?

The upper control arms should work fine considering the factory part numbers are the same/interchangable.

Vaeagleav said:
First welcome to the website.

As with most mods, it can be done if you are willing to put the time and money into the operation. I bet it will call for lots of custom part making though and you will have a tough job and may not be pleased with the result over time.
My .02 is that a Cadillac AWD with leveling shocks is built and intended for sure footed smooth highway cruising and not tough off-road driving, I would leave it to do what it is intended for and not try to make it do something it wasn't designed for to begin with. For off-roading in an AV type platform you should have looked at the Hummer EXT instead....
Good luck with your plans and hope you have many happy and safe miles in your Cadillac EXT.

SlickA70 said:
the rear shock extensions should bring it back to factory geometry as well.

I am at this point right now, and have the Auto Leveling system on my 2013 LTZ model. I have a pair of shock extensions but they change the orientation of the shock connection by 90 degrees. I am not sure how the air leveling shock actually functions but I am going to see if changing the mounting end of the shock by 90 degrees will work. I have searched online but cannot find any technical information if rotating one end 90 degrees will hurt.
Any info would be appreciated.

Back